Friday 20 January 2012

Love


Hi! What a brilliant day my friend and I had yesterday.  I bought enough card stock in Southfields to keep me going for a while and also some Christmas stuff which was in the sale!  After that we went to Dobbies and had lunch.  When we came out of there it was blowing a blizzard but decided to go to the Gyle shopping centre where it doesn't snow!  We had a good rummage round there and it was nice to see the new season's clothes coming into the shops.  The colours are so vibrant and makes you think Spring might be just around the corner.  We then had a coffee and headed home.  My friend is coming up to my house tomorrow afternoon and we're have a crafty time.

The card I've made today didn't end up the way it started in my mind - do you know the feeling!  Unfortunately the base paper doesn't show up very well on the screen.  It's pale cream with lovely roses on it.


Challenges :
Card Cupids - Valentine
CES - Vintage Dahling
Crafty Creations - Valentine
Delightful - Distressed / Vintage
Digital Tuesday - Romantic
Scrapbook Sisters - Valentine
Tuesday Throwdown - Neutral Colours

Elements :
Digi Papers - from Vintage Roses collection by Pink Petticoat
Image - from Vienna topper collection by Kanban
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Die - Leaves by Marianne Design
Punch - Doily Lace by Martha Stewart
Nailheads - stash
Sentiment - computer generated (Eight Fifteen font)
Distressed using Antique Linen Ink by Tim Holtz

16 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like a great day Anne, I haven't been to the Gyle for ages. We ended up in Edinburgh at 5pm and the weather was awful! Love your card, so classy. Enjoy your crafting tomorrow. Carol x

Beryl K said...

Simply Beautiful!
Beryl x

Pami said...

What a beautiful romantic card Anne! The black and the cream combination makes it look so elegant. Have a great afternoon crafting tomorrow! Pami x

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Anne.xxx

Claire said...

It sounds like you have had a great day hun. Love your card, its very elegant. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Claire x

SAMARA said...

Hi Anne. How cool reading about your day. That is hilarious (at least I thought so when you said it didn't snow in the mall!) It sounds like a really fun "friend" day though. Good for you. And lots of scrapping/card paper - isn't that a wonderful feeling but a $ feeling! lol. Your card, regardless of the :( feeling about the photography is SO beautiful. I can just get the feeling from it and it is SO romantic! It strikes me as just so loving and warm and I really enjoy that you didn't over embellish it because Anne, the card speaks SO loudly with the image, which I'm sure you knew. Anne, great success in the challenges, and of course ours at Delightful. Luv Samara, DT - DD.

Sandra H said...

Hi Anne, Well it sounded as if you enjoyed your day Anne so pleased, What a fabulous image and your layout is stunning too:) Sandra H

Stephanie said...

My cards never ever turn out how I envisage them to Anne! This is stylish, elegant & beautiful, have a great weekend xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful, Elegent card Anne, I like the image and the clean design.
Kevin xx

Daniele said...

love you classic elegant card
hugs

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Anne loving the image, very elegant! Sounds like you had a great day!

Big hugs Jo xxx

Karen said...

WOW! Stunningly elegant! Thank you for joining us at Card Cupids!

Theresa said...

Anne, what a gorgeous card! Love this simplicity and bold statement. Gorgeous!!

Lisa xx said...

gorgeous card, very tasteful, thank you for sharing with aud sentiments xx

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Hi Anne,
Absolutely wonderful design. (Yes I do know what you mean, as I am working on a design right now & it is sooo totally not looking like the way I imagined lol) Great vintage/distressed theme that is very elegant & fits perfectly with our Delightful Challenge. I totally hope you join us this week with the next challenge :) Good luck.
Hugs
Lisa Walsh
(Dreamtime Designs)

P.S I have blog candy if you're interested.
http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com

Ruthie said...

This is great - love the soft feel! And yes, know exactly what you mean about things not working as you expect them to!

Thanks for joining in with our LOVE challenge over at Audsentiments

Rx