Sunday 30 October 2011

All Tired Out


My friend and I had a wonderful time in Glasgow.  When we were at the craft show last year we ran out of time and didn't manage to see what was in the Christmas Gift hall so this time we decided to do that first.  Ooooh ... lots of beautiful stuff and a few things went into our shopping bags for Christmas.  

I have to say we were disappointed in the Hobbycraft hall.  It's not nearly so big as it used to be and we didn't see anything new or different.  It just shows that we both have far too much stash!  I confess that neither of us bought anything there.

As we were finished at the SECC earlier than anticipated we popped along to Braehead for some retail therapy.  That was great fun and we had something to eat there too.  By the time we were heading home the boot was full of goodies!  My son and DIL have a flat in Glasgow they use when they are there on business so we stayed there.  Oooooh it was great to get the pjs on and feet up with a cuppa!  Needless to say it didn't stop us staying up till almost 3am chatting.

After a few hours sleep we hit the shops in town.  It was absolutely packed and we didn't buy much but I am pleased to announce that I am now officially finished my Christmas shopping.  Unfortunately my friend still has a few things to get but as she is off to Spain next week with her dearly beloved she's hoping to get some bits and pieces there.

Well folks, I'd better get organised for the day and get Mr C out of bed!  I have our son's flat key to return this afternoon so perhaps we could squeeze lunch in somewhere along the way!  Hugs xx

3 comments:

Beryl K said...

Glad you had such a great time Anne, good for you on the Christmas shopping front.
Beryl x

Sandra H said...

That's great to read you had a good time :)Sandra H

DesigNeAl said...

Nice, sounds like a nice trip!!