Thursday, 25 March 2010

CACB - DT


Challenge :
Crafty Ann's - something for someone special

Elements :
Backing plate - Pale Green  from Embossed Dots Pastel Collection by Crafty Ann
Main Flower - Short Petal Flower from 3d Collection by Crafty Ann
Corner Flowers - Jelly Flowers by Stickopotamus (many thanks for the gift Susie)
Pearls - Liking Lilac collection by The Hobby House
Punch - Loop Around the Page punch by Martha Stewart

For the main flower I sized 1 x 4", 1 x 3.5", 1 x 3".  After cutting them out I colour washed them using #107 by Marvy and ran each one through the bug using Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I then crumpled them up, straightened them out a bit and stuck one on top of the other.  I saw this technique on another blog (unfortunately I can't remember which one though) and have used it a few times, I love the effect.  The flower centre was glittered using Crystal Stickles.

10 comments:

iReneM said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous, Anne.

x

Doreen said...

This is stunning Anne,you have made that flower superbly.A really gorgeous card.xxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous flower Anne and its makes a fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Annie said...

wow what a bloom! a stunning creation Anne. the gems in the corner of my CCT card are pink shimmer dots from Papermania. I forgot to mention them as I use them so much. The clear ones are particularly useful as the colour beneath shows through and I also like the pale blue ones for snowflakes, and the red are a must for anything xmasy!
hugs, annie x

Ann Whitfield said...

Utterly gorgeous Anne - I've never tried this technique with the flowers, but I bet I wouldn't do it as well as you!
Ann x

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous card Anne, love that punch I've got the border one, but didn't realise there was a round the page one
Beryl x

Chrissie said...

Fabulous creation Anne, I just love the elegance of this!

Christine said...

Gorgeous Anne, very elegant and lovely colour choice.
Hugs
Christine xx

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Ann and the flower design is gorgeous, must have a go at that. Thank you for my lovely time I had been your guest designer and making me feel so at home.
Hugs Linda

Davi said...

Beautiful card...love the colors and the flower!!