Wednesday 29 February 2012

Leap Year Birthday


Hi!  Woopee, I'm getting my four-wheeled black beastie back this afternoon.  It transpired it was a brake hose that had broken and all the brake fluid had leaked onto my Son & DIL's drive, ooops!  Mr C and I are off to Callander this afternoon to pick the car up so there'll be no crafting done and I'm out to see my friend at night.

This card is on its way to one of my friends in Spain.  She was born on 29th February so only celebrates her birthday every four years.  Unfortunately it doesn't make her any younger as this year is a big birthday.  They say it doesn't make you feel any different but I'll tell you when my turn comes at the end of December!  Mr C and I are really looking forward to meeting up with her and her husband ... only 8 more sleeps!
Hugs
Anne


Elements :
Image - from Bond Street Babes collection by Kanban
Paper - Southfields
Dies - Labels Nineteen by Spellbinders : Azure Alphabet by Sizzix
Flower - Prima

9 comments:

Doreen said...

A fabulous card Anne,love the image and papers.xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Beautiful sweetie ♥

Pami said...

Very sophisticated card, love this colour combination, I am sure she loves it! Fancy having a birthday on 29 Feb!! Have a good day. Pami x

mckinkle said...

Gorgeous stylish card! Hope you have a super time with your friend!
Keryn x

Sandra H said...

Surprising how we miss our cars, your card is stunning Anne and a great one for a 60th birthday:)

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Anne. 60 doesn't make you feel any different. Sorry to pop the myth. Glad you are getting your baby back.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Irene said...

Brilliant card Anne, I love black and white and with a touch of red - just perfect. Brilliant image oh for a figure like that !!!!
I'm joinining you this year with the 0 number.
luv
irene
xxxx

Claire said...

This is a really sophisticated card hun and love the colour combo. Hugs, Claire x

Rosietoes said...

She is sure to love this one Anne. I wish I looked that good at 60! :)

Edna x